Bediwin Information Services is committed to ensuring that your privacy is protected. Should we ask you to provide certain information by which you can be identified when using this website, then you can be assured that it will only be used in accordance with this privacy statement.
Bediwin Information Services may change this policy from time to time by updating this page. You should check this page from time to time to ensure that you are happy with any changes. This policy is effective from 28 December 2012.
What we collect
Information you give us
- Name and job title.
- Contact information including email address.
- Demographic information such as postcode, preferences and interests.
- Other information relevant to customer surveys and/or offers.
Information we get when you use our services
This includes things like the model of computer you’re using, your browser, your operating system.
If you take advantage of any of our support or maintenance services, we may take substantially more detailed information, including unique device identifiers, name of the person using the device and detailed hardware reports. We will keep track of any issues you raise with us through a ticketing system so that we have a record of what we’ve done to help you. Whenever you raise a query, we will assign a unique ticket number to your query and we will log information against this ticket number. If we carry out a remote support session in order to resolve an issue, we may include a log of this session in our ticketing system.
We do this in order to provide the best quality support and for our mutual protection.
- How you’ve used our service – including web pages you’ve visited and services you have availed yourself of.
- Fault logs where we have worked with you to resolve any IT issues you experience.
- IP address
- Device event information such as system crashes, hardware malfunctions, details of any website requests you’ve made and their URL
- Cookies that uniquely identify your device
From time to time we may need to collect and store information (including personal information) from your device as part of a service we offer. This may involve mechanisms such as browser web storage, application data caches and client-server applications.
What we do with the information we gather
We require this information to understand your needs and provide you with a better service, and in particular for the following reasons:
- In order to provide a service you have requested.
- Internal record keeping.
- To improve our products and services.
- We may periodically send promotional emails about new or improved products, special offers or other information which we think you may find interesting using the email address which you have provided.
- From time to time, we may also use your information to contact you for market research purposes. We may contact you by email, phone, fax or mail. We may use the information to customise the website according to your interests.
While we are a UK-based company, sometimes we resell services from third-party companies. Where you have asked as to provide a service from a third-party company, they may process personal information on a server located outside the UK.
We may combine personal information from one service with personal information from another service – for instance, if you ask us to provide further services to you.
We are committed to ensuring that your information is secure. In order to prevent unauthorised access or disclosure, we have put in place suitable physical, electronic and managerial procedures to safeguard and secure the information we collect online.
We use tracking technology to help us understand and refine the effectiveness of our website and advertising. We do not link you personally to your visit or the advertisement you may have responded to.
A cookie is a small file which asks permission to be placed on your computer’s hard drive. Once you agree, the file is added and the cookie helps analyse web traffic or lets you know when you visit a particular site. Cookies allow web applications to respond to you as an individual. The web application can tailor its operations to your needs, likes and dislikes by gathering and remembering information about your preferences.
We use traffic log cookies to identify which pages are being used. This helps us analyse data about webpage traffic and improve our website in order to tailor it to customer needs. We only use this information for statistical analysis purposes and then the data is removed from the system.
Overall, cookies help us provide you with a better website by enabling us to monitor which pages you find useful and which you do not. A cookie in no way gives us access to your computer or any information about you, other than the data you choose to share with us.
You can choose to accept or decline cookies. Most web browsers automatically accept cookies, but you can usually modify your browser setting to decline cookies if you prefer. This may prevent you from taking full advantage of the website.
A full description of the cookies we use may be found here.
Links to other websites
Our website may contain links to other websites of interest. However, once you have used these links to leave our site, you should note that we do not have any control over that other website. Therefore, we cannot be responsible for the protection and privacy of any information which you provide whilst visiting such sites and such sites are not governed by this privacy statement. You should exercise caution and look at the privacy statement applicable to the website in question.
Controlling your personal information
You may choose to restrict the collection or use of your personal information in the following ways:
- Whenever you are asked to fill in a form on the website, look for the box that you can click to indicate that you do not want the information to be used by anybody for direct marketing purposes.
- If you have previously agreed to us using your personal information for direct marketing purposes, you may change your mind at any time by writing to us or emailing us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
We will not sell, distribute or lease your personal information to third parties unless we have your permission or are required by law to do so. We may use your personal information to send you promotional information about third parties which we think you may find interesting if you tell us that you wish this to happen.
You may request details of personal information which we hold about you under the Data Protection Act 1998. A small fee will be payable. If you would like a copy of the information held on you please write to:
The Data Controller
Bediwin Information Services
3 Southleigh Road
Somerset TA1 2XZ
If you believe that any information we are holding on you is incorrect or incomplete, please write to or email us as soon as possible at the above address.
- We may require you to verify your identity before we act on your request.
- We may reject requests that are unreasonably repetitive or require disproportionate effort
- We strive to maintain services in a manner that protects information from accidental or malicious destruction. For this reason, we may not immediately delete residual copies of your information from active servers and we may not remove information from backup systems.
We will promptly correct any information found to be incorrect. There will be no charge for this.
Information that we Share
With your consent
We will share personal information with companies, organisations or individuals outside Bediwin Information Services when we have your consent to do so.
With system administrators
Some of our services may be managed for you (eg. Google Apps, Managed Workstations) – either by us or by an administrator within your organisation. Administrators may have access to your information, including email and other data. Your administrator may be able to:
- View statistics regarding your account.
- Change your account password.
- Suspend or terminate access.
- Access or retain information stored as part of your account.
- Retrieve your account information in order to satisfy any applicable law, regulation, legal process or enforceable government request.
- Restrict your ability to delete or edit information or privacy settings.
- Meet any applicable law, regulation, legal process or enforceable government request.
- Enforce applicable Terms of Service, including investigation of potential violations.
- Detect, prevent or otherwise address fraud, security or technical issues.
- Protect against harm to the rights, property or safety of Bediwin Information Services, our users or the public as required or permitted by law.
- Encrypting services with SSL.
- Enabling two-step verification of account access.
- Regular review of our information collection, processing and storage practises.
- Restricting access to personal information to employees, contractors and agents who need to know that information and who are subject to strict contractual confidentiality obligations. They may be disciplined or their contract terminated if they fail to meet these obligations.
Please refer to your organisation’s own policies for more information.
For legal reasons
We will share personal information with companies, organisations or individuals outside Bediwin Information Services if we have a belief in good faith that access, use, preservation or disclosure of the information is reasonably necessary to:
We will work to protect our users from unauthorised access, disclosure or destruction of information we hold. This may include: